6-month Babies Accidentally Enter Antiseptic Fluid Into The Mouth?
Good morning ,, want to ask r nWhat is the danger in the future if the baby is swallowed by pk fluid ,, r nMy baby is 6 months from a doctor’s prescription given a liquid to deal with diaper rash …, but because it was active accidentally it turned out to be handled by pk fluid and it enters into the mouth until the tongue turns purple and is likely to be swallowed by the baby … will there be any effect on the baby if ingested pk liquid
Thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
PK liquid (potassium permanganate) belongs to the group of peroxidase which can release oxygen in the oxidation process when in contact with organic substances. This liquid has antiseptic properties, so it can eradicate bacteria or fungi that cause infection. Giving this liquid is also useful in minimizing inflammation (for example due to dermatitis), minimizing odor (deodorant) and also astrigent (shrinking tissue). PK fluid can be used as a treatment for various skin problems, including diaper rash which can be caused by irritation or infection.
In infants and children, the use of PK fluids is relatively safe for application to the outer skin. However, if this fluid is swallowed into the digestive tract, then your child has the potential to experience a variety of health problems, such as nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, to more severe conditions, such as vomiting, shortness of breath, rapid heart palpitations, and so on.
Does your child show any of the above danger signs?
If so, we recommend that you see it immediately to your doctor or pediatrician to provide the best treatment. Through a comprehensive examination, doctors are generally able to identify dangerous conditions and provide correct treatment to prevent the risk of more serious complications.
However, if not, chances are your child's condition is not dangerous. With a strong immune system, if the PK liquid is only ingested in small amounts, often gastric acid and other digestive secretions can indeed neutralize the fluid that has already entered so that it does not cause harmful side effects. Next time, be more careful in putting dangerous objects that are vulnerable to being swallowed by children so that no similar complaints arise again ..
I hope this helps.