8-month-old Babies Over-straining When Defecating?
Hello, I want to ask you about my baby. A boy who is now 8 months and 20 days old, my child has a habit of excessive straining during defecation, causing hernia in his left anus.
Good afternoon. Thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
Straining conditions in infants can occur as normal where it is a process of development of the digestive tract and it usually occurs until the age of about 6 to 7 months. But it can also be related to other conditions such as
1. Constipation Regular bowel movements are hard and can be less than 3 times a week.
2. Obstructive disorders of the normal digestive tract of children will become fussy, palpable stomach harder
3. The body's metabolic conditions such as lack of thyroid hormone.
Some things that should be done are
1. Expand the liquid
2. Eat soft and avoid getting too fibrous
3. Hold and gently massage the abdomen of the child
If there are signs of bowel movements with blood, severe pain to very fussy, high fever should immediately consult a doctor, especially a pediatrician.
Thus the information that we can convey may be useful thanks