A 2 Year Old Child Accidentally Takes Up To 5 Pieces Of Birth Control Pills?
I want to ask, my child is 2.5 years old who eats more than 5 kb pills, does he think it’s candy, is it dangerous or not? I am afraid that my child is afraid why is it okay, but I immediately gave him formula milk, please help, thank you
Hello Mia, thanks for the question for HealthReplies.com
Birth control pills can contain the hormone progesterone alone, a combination of the hormones progesterone and estrogen, or a placebo. If your child swallows the placebo pill, it is likely that there will be no side effects because the placebo pill does not have any active ingredients. If your child swallows a pill that contains hormones, it is also likely that no long-term side effects will occur. Some of the side effects that can appear include abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, or becoming more fussy. These effects will only be temporary and will not last for the long term.
In the future, if your child swallows certain drugs or substances that are not intended for children, you should immediately take your child to the hospital so that early treatment for children can be done. Breastfeeding is not the recommended initial treatment for drug poisoning. You should also always keep your birth control pills or other medicines in a place that cannot be reached by children. Also store hazardous materials such as household cleaning fluids, detergents, etc. where children cannot reach them.
So much information from me, hopefully it will be enough to answer
dr. irna cecilia