A Lot Of Blood Comes Out After A Late Period For 2 Weeks Is A Miscarriage?
Doc this way at first I did not know if I was pregnant or not really menstruate I was late about 2 weeks but I did not realize it, well on April 5 yesterday I was bleeding and had checked into the nearest hospital, he said from the hospital also could not be sure whether I’m pregnant or not, but its characteristics are indeed like a miscarriage. After checking, I find out that there is a miscarriage that has complete and incomplete abortion, so my question is how are the characteristics of complete abortion doc?
Hello Siti Aisya ...
Thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com, I try to help answer yes ...
- Abortion is a condition where the death of the fetus in the womb before 20 weeks gestation. Abortion has several types including:
- Complete abortion: in this situation, the cervix is wide open and all fetal tissue in the uterus has come out, the mother can feel abdominal pain and vaginal bleeding, usually this occurs at gestational age less than 12 weeks
- incomplete abortion: is an abortion that can not be avoided, in this situation fetal tissue in the uterus may still be intact or partially out, but because the cervix is already open and is usually accompanied by bleeding, a miscarriage cannot be avoided
- Imminent abortion: can also be called the threat of abortion, in this condition the cervix is still closed and the fetus is still alive in the uterus, bleeding can be present but mild, the risk of miscarriage remains, but pregnancy can still be continued
- Missed abortion: can also be called an unexpected barotus where the mother does not realize that a miscarriage has occurred because it is usually not accompanied by complaints, in this case the fetus died in the womb with the condition of all fetal tissue still in the womb. There is also a blighted ovum where the fetus does not develop from the start but the uterine sac remains.
- Abortion habitualis: is an abortion that occurs repeatedly, otherwise abortion habitualis if there are 3 miscarriages or more in a row.
To ensure your condition you should be able to do an ultrasound at the obstetrician to find out whether there is fetal development in your uterus.
In situations where the corona virus is spreading rapidly, if not accompanied by needs and urgency you should stay at home, or take care of yourself so that you are not exposed to the virus, if there are complaints such as sore throat that gets worse for more than 2 weeks, accompanied by fever more than 38 degrees Celsius, coughs, colds that do not heal until there is a feeling of tightness or difficulty breathing, even though you have tried to take medication, then you should check yourself to the doctor, for further examination.
Thus my answer, hopefully it helps