Abstinence After Tonsillectomy?
my child is 6 years old. I’ve had tonsils from the age of 3 years. dated 9 yesterday running surgery. post operation I love soft rice + chicken liver may or may not.
Good evening, thanks for the question
After the tonsillectomy procedure the main complaint felt by the patient is generally a sore throat which can make it difficult to eat and drink. Some things that must be considered are:
1. Cold drinks, chunks of ice, or ice cream are known to reduce complaints of swelling and sore throat
2. Avoid consumption of milk and its derivatives if you feel you are still experiencing complaints of nausea and vomiting
3. Avoid foods and drinks that are too acidic such as tomato juice or lemon ice
4. Consumption of foods that are soft and easy to swallow and not hot
5. Avoid hard and sharp textured foods such as chips and similar snacks
Children may be given soft rice with side dishes that are also mashed with a temperature that is not hot so as not to aggravate the pain. If complications do not occur the child will recover within 7-14 days after surgery.
That's all, hope you can help