Accidentally Eating Grilled Fish That Has Maggots?
Goodnight, at lunch I bought grilled mackerel, after half finished I realized that there were maggots in the fish. There are up to 5-10 tails that are still alive. I immediately vomited food that had already entered the body. Not long after that I felt dizzy and began to feel unwell. Is that the effect of which? And is it harmful to health because I am not know you have swallowed a maggot or not? Please answer
Hello Iis, thank you for consulting us on HealthReplies.com.
Maggots are identical animals that grow in dirty places, such as trash cans, in animal carcasses, dirty areas, or can also be eaten improperly and rotted. Generally food that enters the stomach will be digested mechanically by the movement of the stomach which crushes food and chemically with the help of stomach acid released by the stomach, where the acidic nature of stomach acid is sufficient to kill germs and digest cells from food that is eaten so that can get crushed well.
However, there are several possible conditions if maggots are accidentally eaten and entered into the digestive organs, there will be a reaction, including:
myasis: infection due to maggots gnawing and eating tissue from human organs poisoning: symptoms generally appear such as fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fatigue and stomach pain allergic: causing respiratory problems, rua or redness of the skin, abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness and Other allergic symptoms We recommend that if you feel a complaint after consuming maggots accidentally, then you should consult with your doctor directly for a complete examination and proper management. While what you can do is to consume lots of water in order to reduce the dizzy conditions that can occur due to dehydration. So that we can convey, hopefully useful.