Accidentally Swallowed Pieces Of Braces?
I want to ask, I accidentally swallowed pieces of braces whose brackets had come loose when eating hard food, is it dangerous? swallowed is the wire not the bracket. Thank you
Thank you for your question.
Swallowed by foreign objects is the most frequent thing. Many objects are swallowed, among others, grains, stirrup iron, stirrup braclet, and gum. There are some foreign objects that can be destroyed with stomach acid, including such as: chewing gum, seeds.
Basically, the process of swallowing a foreign body is the same as the process of swallowing food, which will enter the stomach and then enter the intestine and after it is excreted through feces. But there are some things that can't come out through the stool because it's still stuck in the digestive part. If you experience bleeding during bowel movements, abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, difficult bowel movements, and fever. Then immediately check yourself to the doctor or doctor of internal medicine.
But if you don't complain about these symptoms, then you can do the following to help remove the foreign object:
1. Eat a lot of fiber
2. Drink plenty of water
3. Avoid eating meat until the foreign object comes out
May be useful. Always healthy :)