Accidentally Swallowed Used Cooking Oil?
hello, i want to ask. I accidentally had a less wearing incident, i.e. swallowed used oil, I did not know what used oil was, but there was a salty taste like salted fish frying, is it dangerous if the used oil was swallowed? Will it cause other diseases? thank you🙏
Cooking oil is a substance that is not harmful if swallowed. In fact, every food we cook, for example, fried, also contains cooking oil. In our daily practice in cooking, we often use used oil. For example, after frying other foods then stored to fry other foods. Or another easy example of fried food sold on the roadside is fried using cooking oil that is used many times.
There is a hypothesis that cooking oil that is heated to its boiling point will emit free radicals which if consumed repeatedly causes oxidative stress to body cells so that cell molecular damage can occur. Some studies also report an increased risk of cancer (breast, intestine, prostate, lung) due to consumption of foods that are processed using cooking oil that is heated repeatedly over a long period of time and in large quantities. The use of cooking oil for high temperature cooking repeatedly can cause the accumulation of 4-hydroxy-2-trans-nonenal (HNE) in cooking oil. HNE is a toxic substance and is associated with an increased risk of atherosclerosis, stroke, liver disorders and Parkinson's.
All of the above diseases and disorders are based on studies of long-term consumption of used cooking oil from food, both in experimental animals and humans. For unintentional consumption, once there is no acute effect caused by cooking oil is an edible substance (it is safe for consumption), not corrosive acids or bases that can cause injury or abnormalities in the digestive tract when swallowed. Thus the explanation from me, hopefully useful.