Are People With HIV Permitted To Marry An HIV Negative Partner?
Good afternoon ,, Sorry to disturb His time ,, I have a prospective brother-in-law who said he had HIV if someone who is infected with HIV is eligible or can not get married, ?? And can someone who is not healthy (HIV-infected) get a certificate issued by a doctor for marriage registration ,, ??
Hello Ms. Inah Kaif Kapoor, thank you for concentrating with us on HealthReplies.com.
Basically until now there are no rules or laws that govern the marriage of someone who has HIV. And people with HIV or PLWHA have the same rights as other healthy people, including marriage.
If seen from the health and medical sciences, actually marriage with someone who has HIV is not prohibited, but several things need to be done so that transmission does not occur to prospective partners who are declared HIV negative, and treatment is carried out on prospective partners who have HIV. And of course there needs to be an agreement between the two parties that the prospective partner who will marry or be married is declared HIV positive, and all possible future risks as well as the steps or plans that need to be done related to HIV infection. So we suggest doing steps like:
1. HIV sufferers must carry out routine therapy with ARV drugs
2. For partners who have proven to be HIV negative, preventive measures need to be taken so that they are not infected and carry out regular checks
3. During intercourse, always use a condom as a safety measure
4. Maintaining health, and avoiding all activities at risk of contracting HIV such as changing sexual partners, having unprotected sexual relations, and using needles and needles interchangeably.
5. Both partners must be aware of their partner's health condition and before marriage it is advisable to consult with the VCT clinic first.
And so far the examination for the bride and groom there is no policy to include in it the rules for carrying out an HIV check or test. so there is still no HIV positive certificate for patients who are proven to have HIV to be attached as a healthy certificate used in the management of marriage requirements. Thus our explanation, hopefully can be useful information. thanks.