Are The Dangers Of Disinfecting Liquid Exposed To The Skin?
, my husband works in a chicken coop, when cleaning the chicken coop my husband’s skin is itching “then my husband rubbed itchy skin with disinfectant liquid to kill bacteria in the cage but the itching got worse like burning? Is it dangerous or not?
Good evening, thanks for asking at HealthReplies.com. Disinfectant is a term for a solution or certain chemicals that can kill bacteria or microorganisms that exist in a particular object. So the use of disinfectants is indeed important to prevent infection, and can be widely used on hands and various medical devices.
Regarding your question, if indeed your husband is infected with bacteria, this should not have happened. This can happen because of several possibilities, including your husband's hand already injured because scratching just given disinfectant, it could also be because he is allergic to the disinfectant content, it could also be due to irritation, for example because the chemical material has been contaminated or has expired, and various other possibilities depending from the examination results.
To ensure this, have him checked by a general practitioner or may go directly to a neurologist, for a thorough examination including a history, physical examination and support if deemed necessary. Treatment that your husband will receive later depends on the results of this examination.
Meanwhile, we suggest if the hands burn hot, flow with cold water until clean of these chemicals, can be recommended with cold compresses if the itching is reduced, sprinkle salicyl powder or apply calamine lotion, use soap, do not use the liquid again until it is declared safe by the doctor who treats you, and wear gloves when possible. So, hopefully answering your question.