Babies Don’t Sleep Well
Doctor, permission to ask. My child is 1 year 3 months old, active and cheerful. But every night while sleeping like not soundly. Always wake up every 15 minutes or so and will cry. Can calm down and go back to sleep after breastfeeding. Is that dangerous? Can it affect his appetite? Then, how to treat it?
Hello Tiky Perdana, thank you for asking with the HealthReplies.com team.
At the age of 6 months and over, babies need a total sleep time of around 12-16 hours per day. At this age, babies often wake up for a few minutes, then go back to sleep. He or she may also take more naps than sleep at night. Sleepless babies can be caused by various things, such as the following:
- Room atmosphere that is not comfortable for babies
- The existence of health problems such as nasal congestion, ear infections, spit up or reflux, while the growth of teeth, or sleep apnea.
Here are some tips you can do at home to help babies who are having trouble sleeping:
- Make the room temperature in the baby's room comfortable for your baby, which is not too cold or hot
- Comfortable baby bedding for your baby
- Give the baby enough food intake
-Creating bedroom conditions with minimal lighting
- Communication in a soft voice
- Give a warm touch
Avoid extra items on the baby's bed, such as pillows, bolsters, dolls, toys, or quilted blankets that can interfere with baby's sleep.
Do these tips. For now, due to the corona virus outbreak, it is better to avoid going outdoors except for important purposes, keep a minimum distance of 2 meters from others, regularly wash hands with soap, maintain body cleanliness, maintain endurance with consumption of nutritious food, water consumption enough white, enough rest and manage stress well.
Thank you, hope that helps.