Babies Often Gnaw Their Hands While Bathing Until The Soap Is Eaten?
Good afternoon, my child is a baby aged u0026lt; 5 months love to suck my hands while bathing is no exception so sometimes the soap is eaten … a while ago while taking a shower accidentally a large amount of soap entered my mouth … so as soon as possible I clean it and lie on my back while patting it. back with the hope that the soap will come out .. after showering I wipe the inside of his mouth with gauze soaked in boiled water and I give him breast milk .. I think this can solve the poisoning caused by soap or is there any other action I need to take?
Cases where babies have been swallowed by soap while bathing are quite common and so far as long as they do not swallow large amounts of soap, generally there are no serious complications. Babies have a reflex to release the soap if it feels bad when accidentally swallowed. Even if soap gets into the digestive tract, alkaline soap will be neutralized by stomach acid.
So far, the way you do it by bending down and gently patting the back is good. Keep regularly giving breast milk for your child so that the soap that has been swallowed can be removed immediately from the digestive tract.
Keep watching your baby carefully. If symptoms of nausea, vomiting, fussiness, weakness, refusal to drink, liquid / diarrhea, fever, etc., immediately take your baby to a pediatrician for treatment and examination.
To prevent the same incident from happening again, you can do the following tips:
Bathe your baby in a special baby tub with the head higher than his body. Give the child a toy while taking a bath to divert his attention from eating his hands Use soap and special baby shampoo that is safe in formula
May be useful
Greetings, dr. Budiono