Baby Accidentally Drank Telon Oil?
, my son is only 8 months old, when I was putting on my child’s clothes I applied telon, then accidentally the telon bottle which was still open was taken by my child, and drank it, the position of my child was lying on his back, it was certain that he drank quite a lot, what do I have to do? is it dangerous for my children to drink too much telon oil with mosquito repellent? and what side effects will occur?
Thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
Caring for babies does require patience to avoid unwanted events. Although it may seem trivial, leaving unfit liquids to drink within the reach of babies can be dangerous.
Products specially formulated for babies and children are generally designed to be as safe as possible so as to minimize the risk of allergies or irritation in their use. However, if the product that should be applied to the skin is ingested into the digestive tract, irritation of the digestive tract can occur. Some of the warning signs you should watch for are:
More fussy than usual
Shortness of breath, pallor, or loss of consciousness
If you don't find any of the above danger signs in your child, chances are that what your child is experiencing is not dangerous. Try to give your child plenty of water and enough breast milk according to his needs to neutralize the telon oil that has already been swallowed into his digestive tract.
However, if one or more of the danger signs above appear, check your child IMMEDIATELY to the doctor for further treatment.
I hope this helps.
dr. Nadia Nurotul Fuadah