Baby Suddenly Turns Blue And Chokes To Death?
Hi, I want to ask you 2 days ago, my aunt gave birth to a baby in good health, when she was bathed suddenly the baby’s body started turning blue, then my aunt was drying the baby, when it was drying the baby choked and didn’t breathe immediately, I want to ask what was the cause of death ? Because when the baby is born in good health
Hello Adistyranna, thanks for asking HealthReplies.com.
A baby who suddenly turns bluish in color is a sign that he lacks oxygen in his body tissues. This is called cyanosis. Most cyanosis can be life-threatening because oxygen is needed by our bodies. The following are possible causes of blue babies:
1. Disruption of air flow from the nose to the lungs, such as obstruction (eg choking), anatomic abnormalities, or lung disease
2. Congenital heart defects
3. Hemoglobin (Hb) disorders where the blood cannot carry oxygen throughout the body
4. Cold air can cause bluishness of the fingertips, immediately warm the baby by drying his body and covering him with a thick, warm cloth
5. Prolonged seizures
Babies who choke can experience blockage in the airways so they don't get enough oxygen. Choking is one of the causes of a person's sudden inability to breathe, so parents and adults must monitor closely so that the baby does not choke. The following are ways that can be done immediately for a choking baby:
1. Turn the baby in your lap while patting his back several times so that the liquid can come out / coughed up
2. Do not put anything in the baby’s mouth
3. Immediately go to the hospital to seek help and confirm the condition of the baby
The following is an article on first aid for choking and how to prevent it. This ability should also be known by everyone in order to provide first aid when choking.
That's it, I hope it's useful.
dr. Sarah Rizqia