Bad Impact If Babies Are Often Given Antibiotics?

Night, I need a quick response please … My child is still a baby aged 1 month 26 days, from the age of 22 days he was sick and he was continuously given the medicine recommended by the doctor, the medicine was powder, flagyl and sanmol, the question is will there be any bad impact if he continues I was given medicine and antibiotics since I was a baby. And one more question, today I gave the wrong medicine to my child, antibiotics should be taken 3×1 day, but earlier I gave 4×1 days. How do you do that, please answer, I’m panicking afraid of overdose because I’m still a baby

1 Answer:

Hello, Kirey, thanks for asking HealthReplies.com.

Medicines are given by the doctor according to their effect, indication, and contraindication, so that they are safe and have a maximum effect on the patient's body. Sanmol contains paracetamol which functions to reduce fever, and flagyl contains the antibiotic metronidazole. Metronidazole is used to treat certain bacterial infections or amoebic infections. If the results of the doctor's examination show that the mother's child is infected by bacteria or sensitive amoeba by giving metronidazole, then giving metronidazole is the right thing to do. The infection will be cured by eliminating the cause (bacteria for example), and to eliminate bacteria, one of them must be given the right antibiotic. If the infection is allowed, it will worsen the condition of the child.

The doctor will choose the right antibiotic for the illness, which is safe for consumption according to the child's age and condition, and will adjust the dose according to the child's age and weight. Antibiotics can be effective if taken regularly as directed by a doctor. If antibiotics are taken in the long term, the doctor will monitor the recovery and possible side effects such as diarrhea, allergies, vomiting, dizziness, nervous disorders, and blood disorders. For that, control the mother's child regularly to the doctor, and keep taking medication regularly according to the doctor's recommendation. If the medicine runs out and the disease has not been cured, you can check with your doctor again.

Each drug has a maximum dose that can be used per day. For giving an excess dose of 1x it is still okay, but if symptoms arise such as: vomiting, flatulence, tightness, not wanting to drink, weakness, seizures, such as continuing drowsiness and not responding to stimulation, then you should immediately take it to the hospital.

So, hopefully this is useful.

Greetings, dr. Sarah Rizqia.

: by

Related Question

(1 year ago)

...

How To Lose Weight With Fruits?

How To Lose Weight With Fruits?

(11 months ago)

Hello, I want to ask a myth or fact if foods that taste sour, especially fruits, really help you lose weight? Because many of my friends say that I am very skinny fast because I li...

Causes Of Pain After Urinating?

Causes Of Pain After Urinating?

(1 year ago)

I have been in every 2 days after urinating. The intensity to urinate also increases. Earlier did hold urine from mlm until dawn because of work. Does this include urinary tract in...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *