Black Spots Around The Fingers?
Hello Anto, thank you for using the HealthReplies.com service.
Black stain can be found in several diseases such as:
1. Melasma is a condition in which the area of skin exposed to sunlight becomes darker than the surrounding area. This darkened skin is not swollen or painful. Areas that are often exposed to sunlight in general are the cheeks, upper lip, chin, and forehead. Until now it has never been reported that melasma can transform into a malignant. In fact, the risk of melanoma (skin cancer) decreases in patients with melasma.
2. Nevus (mole) is a benign tumor of pigment-forming cells that are brown to black, can swell, but not painful. In some instances it is reported that nevus can transform into a malignant.
3. Melanoma or skin cancer is a malignancy that develops in melanocyte cells which gives skin color and black spots. As for the signs of melanoma: asymmetrical shape with irregular edges, varying colors, diameter more than or equal to 6 mm and develop progressively, sometimes painful and even bleeding. If not handled properly, this disease can cause death.
4. Ephelis or black spots are brownish red to black spots on the skin that are often exposed to sunlight, such as the cheeks, nose, shoulders and arms. Ephelis reportedly has no potential to become more violent
Melasma, nevus and ephelis are basically classified as harmless diseases and do not have to get immediate treatment from a doctor. But if you feel less confident with this disease because it interferes with your appearance, immediately consult yourself to a dermatologist.
Unlike the case with melanoma, which must get serious attention. If you get a mole that you suspect is a malignancy, immediately check with your dermatologist for a more complete examination to be able to establish the diagnosis and get a quick and proper treatment.
As for the things you can do right now to prevent black spots from appearing more and more:
- Avoid direct sunlight, can use tools such as umbrellas, hats and glasses.
- Use sunscreen with the appropriate SPF
- Consumption of nutritious food and adequate rest
So much information from me, hopefully it helps.