Bleeding During Early Pregnancy And Lower Abdominal Cramps?
I want to ask, my last period was on March 22, after my testpack turned out positive, on May 3 I experienced bleeding for a day and a night and a clot came out. Then the next day the bleeding stopped then my testpack was still positive again. On June 23rd, I had sex with my husband, during intercourse I released another lump, then cramps in the lower abdomen. How about my uterus? Thank you
Hello, mavis, thanks for asking HealthReplies.com.
Vaginal bleeding in early pregnancy can be caused by several possible causes:
1. The process of implantation (attachment of a fertilized egg to the uterine wall)
2. After sexual intercourse
3. Hormonal influences
6.Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the uterus)
7. Pregnant wine / hydatid mole
Bleeding in early pregnancy that indicates a normal condition (for example due to the implantation process / attachment of a fertilized egg to the uterine wall) is in the form of blood / red or brown spots, or light bleeding for several hours or days that is not as much bleeding during menstruation.
Bleeding that needs to be more aware of is if the bleeding is bright red, the blood comes out profusely, clots, and is accompanied by stomach cramps. We recommend that you immediately go to a gynecologist for a physical examination and further investigations such as ultrasound, complete blood tests, and urine tests to immediately find out the cause and appropriate therapy.
To prevent worsening, you should do the things below:
1. Immediately check with an obstetrician, especially if there are symptoms of bleeding to watch out for (as above), or there are other conditions such as fever
2. Complete rest, do not move much
3. Avoid sexual intercourse while bleeding is still ongoing
4. Avoid using vaginal cleaners and tampons
5. Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration
That's all, hopefully it's useful.
Greetings, dr. Sarah Rizqia