Bleeding From The Nose And Mouth For 3 Days?
Good night. I am 41 years old, my blood pressure is 110/100. I am also an insomniac, and if I can sleep at night I will also wake up many times, up to 8x in 1 night. I have been 3 days bleeding fresh blood from the nose and sometimes when I was lying down, I kept getting blood out of my mouth too, but it was thick. I had already checked with the ENT specialist doctor, but the doctor didn’t give any explanation, he just said the effect of high blood pressure. once this happened. I want to ask the doctor, what is the real cause of that? And why hasn’t it stopped working for three days, there’s still some coming out of my nose once in a while. Even if it’s not as much and not as hard as the first day out. how do you deal with it? Because I have been given prescription medication and spray medicine too, but it doesn’t work, there’s still blood coming out until tonight. How about that?
Thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com.
Blood pressure from the nose is a form of bleeding that occurs due to rupture of blood vessels from the nasal cavity due to inflammation or other medical conditions.
While the blood that comes out of the mouth is bleeding that occurs due to rupture of blood vessels from the oral cavity or from the back of the nasal cavity. This can be caused by infection or trauma to the mouth area.
If bleeding from the mouth and nose occur together, then this bleeding can occur from the nasal cavity which eventually comes out of the nostrils and also comes out of the mouth through the back of the patient's nose.
Some bleeding that occurs in the nasal area and oral cavity may be caused by:
2. infection until abscess
3. abnormalities in blood vessels in the nasal cavity such as kelaianan blood vessel shape, or aneurysm / dilation of blood vessels
4. tumors in the nasal cavity, such as Cancer nasopharing
5. blood disorders, such as leukemia, blood clotting disorders
6. high blood pressure
However, to ascertain the cause of this complaint, periodic consultations with ENT doctors are needed so that ENT doctors can conduct direct interviews with patients, and physical examinations and investigations needed, such as radiological examinations or rhinoscopy with endoscopy. The results of the examination will be the basis of treatment and care to be provided, both with medication to special medical measures.
Regarding your question,
1. I cannot confirm the cause of this bleeding, because to diagnose a direct examination is required. However, if your doctor declares this bleeding is due to high blood pressure, then controlling high blood pressure will help restore this condition. And if at this time your blood pressure has returned to normal, and bleeding has begun to decrease, then the possibility of recovery still requires further time, at least within 3-6 days after the treatment has been given. During the treatment period, you should also need to avoid stress, avoid physical fatigue, and avoid sleep disorders. If your sleep is disturbed, it needs to be controlled or consulted directly with a neurologist or psychiatrist.
2. Medical treatment can only be done by your ENT doctor, because your ENT doctor knows your clinical condition and the condition of your nasal cavity, so following your ENT doctor's plan and regular control with an ENT doctor will help recover this bleeding. In addition, as described above, you also need to maintain your stamina and maintain the quality of your sleep, because this will affect your recovery period
The blood you feel but is better than before is a sign of a positive change in your clinical condition. So continuing treatment and consulting back to the doctor is a wise step to restore your condition.
Thus the info we can convey.