Blood Pressure Result 127/100?
I want to ask a blood pressure of 127/100, what does that mean?
Hello, Dex Ananda, thanks for asking HealthReplies.com.
Blood pressure consists of systolic blood pressure (the numerator) and diastolic blood pressure (the denominator). The following are blood pressure categories according to the 2017 American Heart Association:
1. Normal : below 120/80 mmHg
2. Elevated: Systolic between 120-129 and diastolic less than 80;
3. Grade 1 hypertension: Systolic between 130-139 or diastolic between 80-89;
4. Grade 2 hypertension: Systolic of at least 140 or diastolic of at least 90 mm Hg;
5. Hypertensive crisis: Systolic over 180 and/or diastolic above 120
So, according to the blood pressure category above, you are hypertensive. However, you should regularly check with your doctor to find out whether your blood pressure is only temporary (due to a tiring day, stress, the influence of certain foods/drinks) or permanent in your body. Blood pressure should not be too high because it can cause various complications such as heart disease, headache, stroke, blood vessel disease, and so on. The following are tips for controlling blood pressure:
1. Regularly check blood pressure, at least every 2 weeks to 1 month
2. Avoid stress
3. Avoid smoking and alcoholic beverages
4. Regular exercise
5. Reduce foods that are high in sodium and high in fat
6. If you are given hypertension medicine from a doctor, then take the medicine regularly as recommended
7. Sufficient rest
That's it, I hope it's useful.
dr. Sarah Rizqia