Body Weakness And Runny Nose After Inhaling Insect Repellent?
Night r nDuring noon I spray the ant nests in my room with baygons r nAfter a few minutes I go into the room r nSuddenly my body feels weak my nose is coming out of water r n Am I poisoned? Do you need medical attention?
Hello Aulia, Thank you for the question.
Poisoning is the entry of toxins into the body, through the digestive tract, respiratory tract, skin or body mucous walls (mucosa), causing certain symptoms. Baygon is an insecticide with organophosphate which can cause poisoning. Symptoms that appear can vary from mild to severe. Some examples of mild symptoms include a runny nose, increased saliva production, watery eyes, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, weakness, headaches, and visual disturbances. Symptoms that are classified as moderate or severe include confusion, shortness of breath, cough, difficulty breathing, muscle weakness, tremors, diarrhea, persistent vomiting, seizures, and coma.
If you only experience mild symptoms and these symptoms have stopped, then you can temporarily just monitor your condition. However, if your symptoms are severe, you should seek medical attention immediately. Avoid entering rooms that have been exposed to these products. Give it a few moments until the smell is gone. Immediately leave the room and breathe free air after exposure.
Hope this information is helpful.