Burping Often But Not Bloating?
Hello, I’m Yosi, I’m 19 years old. I have complaints of frequent burping but my stomach is never bloated, sometimes it also feels tightness in my chest but it’s not like being tied / crushed by a heavy burden. Just having trouble breathing and being uncomfortable. I wonder why?
Good evening, thanks for the question
Belching is an attempt by the body to remove excess air from the stomach. Generally belching is caused by swallowing excessive air, for example when eating or drinking too fast, talking when eating, chewing gum, drinking soda, or smoking. Gastric acid reflux to the esophagus or called GERD sometimes also causes excessive belching accompanied by shortness, burning sensation in the chest or heartburn.
To overcome excessive belching, consider the following:
1. Eat and drink in no hurry.
2. Avoid consuming soft drinks.
3. Avoid consuming gum or candy with hard consistency.
4. Don't smoke.
5. If you use dentures you should check whether they are installed properly because improper dentures can cause swallowing excess air when eating and drinking.
6. Moving relaxed like walking after eating.
7. If accompanied by a burning sensation, consume antacids that can be bought freely to neutralize excess stomach acid.
Then do further consultation with your doctor for pharmacological management related to GERD symptoms. Generally complaints will improve by applying the things above and with drug therapy for proton pump inhibitors for a certain period of time.
That's all, hope you can help