Can 4-year-old Children Be Given Herbal Medicines To Treat Constipation?
good afternoon doctor. Do you want to ask if a 4-year-old child is given herbal medicine (Dtozym)? To overcome constipation. Thank you
Good morning, thanks for the question
Lack of dietary fiber, children lazy to go to the toilet, or lack of fluid intake is a cause of constipation in children. Symptoms of constipation in children include:
1. CHAPTER> 5 days or changes in stool consistency becomes hard with pain
3. Decreased appetite
4. The child behaves like crossing his legs to hold a bowel movement
Defecation laxative drugs or supplements are not routinely given in cases of constipation of children, where treatment is prioritized first by changing the dietary pattern of fiber. Laxatives given should be under the supervision of a doctor.
Here are the things to note:
1. Make sure fluid intake is met
2. Increase fiber consumption in foods including green vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruits other than bananas
3. Activities like playing and moving a lot to encourage intestinal emptying
4. Gently massage the child's abdomen
If constipation cannot be treated, then do further consultation with your doctor to get a direct physical examination. Prolonged constipation is feared to be a symptom of other medical illnesses so that further evaluation is needed.
That's all, hopefully it can help.