Can A Child Be Electrocuted With A Fever?
my child is 14 months old. Tuesday afternoon he was electrocuted when I carried him again, I also felt the sting, in my opinion the sting was just to be shocked, and when I was stung lgs I let go, so the shock was only possible for 2 seconds. After that my child cried, a little longer but a few moments later calm again, the response as usual, want to eat and drink, walk, and be active. so on until Friday morning, and when I was sleeping my child was shocked every few minutes. On Thursday afternoon that afternoon I only noticed that in my child’s middle finger there was a wound and I was sure it was a wound due to his shock. There are 2 small wounds, one of which has not been exfoliated and the other has peeled off and is dry. Saturday afternoon my child has no fever. What I want to ask, is my child’s fever caused by electrocution? Then when should I go to the doctor?
Hello Ms. Evi! Thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com.
Electric shock or electric shock can cause burns. Burns due to electric shock are usually not as obvious as burns due to fire or hot water. Fever is a common thing when there are burns. Fever usually occurs within 72 hours of the incident. The fever that your child has experienced may be a reaction from the burns that she experienced. In fever due to burns, fever is sometimes only slightly improved with fever medication. Your child needs to get enough fluids. However, it is possible that the fever he experienced was not due to burns, but due to other disorders, such as viral infections (including dengue). You need to pay attention, even though the fever has gone down, your child's activities may not have improved anymore. If your child still looks weak, difficult to talk to, or sleep more often, take your child to the doctor as soon as possible. Also bring your child if he is difficult to drink.
That's all information from me. I hope this helps.