Can A Ruptured Eardrum Use Hearing Aids?
Assalammualaikum. I want to ask, can someone who has damaged ears / eardrums rupture can use hearing aids, and if possible what kind of hearing aid would be suitable. Thank you
Good morning. Thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
A ruptured eardrum is a condition of damage or tears in the eardrum that can occur due to infection, loud trauma to the sound, or an accident that causes damage to the ear.
This can be done by an ear drum repair procedure by an ENT specialist called the tympanoplasty procedure.
Some other therapeutic options are
1. Installation of hearing aids where this is aimed at helping to harden the frequency of the sound so that it is more easily captured by the ear in someone who has decreased hearing function. For the selection of types and sizes should be consulted with ENT specialists so that the type that is optimal and most suitable for your condition can be chosen
2. Pain relievers are usually used in people who experience a rupture, yes, the eardrum accompanied by pain can usually be used paracetamol which is sold freely.
Some things that are important to avoid hunting conditions are
1. Avoid picking your ears especially with sharp objects
2. Avoid ears including water
3. Don't hold your breath while sneezing
Further information can be read in the following article
Thus the information that we can convey may be useful thanks