Can DHF Recur Again?
Whether dbd disease will reappear if the patient is declared pg by a doctor.
Good evening, thanks for the question
Dengue fever and dengue hemorrhagic fever are dengue virus infections that enter the blood through the bite of the Aedes aegypti mosquito. Fever due to dengue infection provides fairly typical symptoms including:
1. High fever, sudden, continuous for 2-7 days.
2. Manifestations of bleeding, such as red spots on the skin, nosebleeds, bleeding gums, vomiting blood, or bloody bowel movements.
3. Symptoms of headache, muscle aches, joint pain, back pain.
4. Gastrointestinal symptoms such as: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain (usually in the pit of the stomach or under the ribs).
5. Sometimes accompanied by symptoms such as painful swallowing, coughing, runny nose.
Currently there are 4 types of dengue virus serotypes, namely DEN-1, DEN-2, DEN-3, and DEN-4. When the patient has been cured of dengue fever, the body will have antibodies to one type of serotype virus that attacks before. But in the future can still experience dengue fever if infected with dengue virus serotype which is different from the first infection. Therefore it is important to always maintain the cleanliness of the home and surrounding environment, eradicate mosquito larvae, and avoid standing water where mosquitoes breed.
That's all, hope you can help.