Can Hallucinations And Depression Arise After 4 Years Ago An Accident?
Good afternoon, I want to ask you because I was a motorbike, after 4 years or more. Can the aftermath of an accident cause hallucinations, depression, and mood disorders? Not yet dt scan
Good afternoon, thanks for the question to HealthReplies.com.
Accidents that have occurred for 4 years, whether it can cause the appearance of hallucinations, depression and mood disorders, to answer this question requires more information. Next I will try to explain.
A very tragic and severe accident experienced by the patient, can leave stress whose complaints can be in the form of halunization, depression, or the presence of mood disorders. But usually hallucinations, depression and mood disorders occur a maximum of 6 months from the distance of the accident. So we need to find out more about the possibility of hallucinations, depressions and mood disorders that occur, because accidents have occurred since 4 years ago, so it is rare to still leave complaints that make patients to hallucinations, depressions or mood disorders.
Whereas post-accident stress events in medical science are commonly known as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD. PTSD is a mental condition in the form of stress due to severe events that befall the patient or events that the patient witnessed directly, leaving a trace of a continuous stress condition. Symptoms can include feelings of guilt, depression, hallucinations, nightmares, confining oneself, difficulty sleeping (insomnia) and difficulty concentrating. PTSD symptoms usually last up to 6 months after the accident, after 6 months, these symptoms will disappear. If symptoms persist, there may be other causes for the disease, such as:
1. the possibility of an organic disturbance in the brain due to an accident causing complaints to last for 4 years, to find out more about this possibility, it is necessary to do a more complete examination and be performed by competent specialists such as neurologists.
2. the possibility of a personality disorder in the form of a personality that is very dependent on something, so that when you have an accident you might lose something from yourself that leaves injury and is difficult to remove, this personality is formed from a child by both parents, the environment and relationships.
3. possible mood disorders such as severe depression accompanied by psychotic symptoms (hallucinations). Depression is a mood disorder that causes a person to feel unable to be happy, has no strength or energy and always feels guilty. Depression can be diagnosed if the complaint persists for at least 2 weeks. Depression has several criteria, some are called mild depression, some say moderate depression and some say severe depression. Depression is said to be severe if there is suicidal ideation or is accompanied by psychotic symptoms such as hallucinations, delusions and others.
Some symptoms of depression are:
- can't feel happy
- don't feel energized
always feel guilty and sad
- difficulty sleeping or mostly sleeping
- don't want to eat or eat too much
-want to commit suicide
psychotic symptoms (hallucinations, delusions, etc.)
Depression is caused due to hormonal factors and is triggered by several tragic events that leave a very deep stress such as being let down, being left behind by a loved one, having severe illness, side effects from drugs, and so forth.
To find out your condition with certainty, you should consult a psychiatric specialist.
Things that can be done to reduce the symptoms include:
- multiply doing hobbies that you like
- draw closer to God by increasing worship
-think positively to everything that has happened, is or will happen in your life
-Gratitude for all the blessings that have been given by God
-lots of activities you like
May be useful :)