Can Hepatitis A Be Completely Cured?
I want to ask whether hepatitis A can be completely cured? is it a permanent disease that can hamper a career if you want to work as a force?
Good evening, thanks for the question
Hepatitis A is caused by hepatitis A virus infection. Transmission occurs due to consuming food or drink contaminated with feces of individuals who have been previously infected, usually due to poor sanitation. Symptoms of hepatitis A include muscle and joint pain, fever, general weakness, no appetite, upper right abdominal pain, pale stools, thick bladder, yellow on the skin and sclera, or itching.
To prevent transmission, it is necessary to maintain environmental sanitation and personal hygiene by routinely washing hands with soap and running water, good water treatment, washing vegetables and fruit with clean water, avoiding consuming foods whose hygiene is not guaranteed, and avoiding the use of shared cutlery and take a shower with hepatitis A sufferers.
In addition, please note that this disease can also be cured completely without special treatment. But usually complaints will improve slowly within a few weeks. Recovery is characterized by diminishing symptoms. For that, don't worry too much because after recovering from this disease, it doesn't cause significant physical disturbance, disability, etc. so that it won't interfere with the activities and careers of the sufferer in the future.
During the recovery period of the disease and to speed up the healing of the disease it is recommended to:
1. Get enough rest.
2. Consumption of analgesics if complaining of abdominal pain, consult a doctor for appropriate treatment options.
3. To reduce itching complaints it is advisable to always create a cool environment, good air exchange, use loose clothing.
4. Consumption of food in small portions but often to reduce complaints of nausea.
5. Do not consume alcohol.
6. Do not take any drugs or herbal supplements without doctor's advice because it can burden the work of the liver that is inflammatory.
7. Maintain personal and environmental hygiene by routinely washing hands and eating clean food.
That's all, hope you can help.