Can I Take Medicine For Toothache When I Want To Work?
Hello. Doctor, I want to ask. Tomorrow morning I have a work MCU test, but I have a toothache. Can I still take medicine? Then, should I have breakfast tomorrow morning or not? Thank you in advance,.
Hello Nursyiva, thank you for using HealthReplies.com.
Medical Check Up (MCU) is a series of medical examinations aimed at early screening of the body's current conditions. Usually the MCU consists of several examinations such as examination of medical history, general physical examination, eye examination, dental examination, examination of the Nose and Throat (ENT), heart and lung examination, stomach examination, blood laboratory examination, and urine examination.
It is very important to prepare before the MCU is conducted. The preparation also depends on the type of inspection to be performed, such as:
- Patients are encouraged to fast for 10-12 hours before fasting, and uric acid and cholesterol tests, so that it does not allow you to have breakfast before the examination. If your teeth are sick, you can still take anti-pain medication (nonsteroid) before the examination, because drugs that affect cholesterol levels are only drugs that are steroids.
- Brush teeth before inspection
- Do not smoke, drink coffee or tea, alcohol, eat gum, and use opium drugs such as morphine, amphetamine, heroin, and cannabis.
- Do not do heavy activities before the examination because it will affect blood pressure
- Enough sleep for 7-9 hours
- Drink a lot of water
Also read the article: Understand the preparation and examination during medical check-ups
Thus the information that I can give, I hope your MCU runs smoothly.