Can You Not Consume Seafood If You Have A History Of Seafood Allergies?
I’m 21 years old. I have an allergy to seafood, the question is, can I not eat seafood forever? Or can I take an allergy medicine (ex: cetirizine) first to be able to eat seafood or what? Thank you
p dir = "ltr"> Hello, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com
Allergy is a reaction of the body's immune system that appears to fight allergens after exposure. Allergens are substances that cause allergic reactions. This substance can be either inserted into the body or contacted. Examples of allergens are eggs, seafood, mites, animal dander, certain drugs and others. Not everyone will experience an allergic reaction if exposed. The reaction only appears in people who are hypersensitive.
Here we provide tips for dealing with allergic reactions, namely:
1. Keep consuming seafood that is allergic to you.
2. Consumption is small, namely in levels that are usually not up to cause an allergic reaction.
3. Give an interval of several days to then consume it again.
4. Increase the amount of portion slightly from before each time you consume.
5. If a reaction occurs, immediately consume anti-inflammatory drugs such as dexamethasone and anti-itching drugs such as cetirizin.
6. Over time the body will be resistant or resistant to these allergens. Because the body does not consider these substances foreign anymore, as before.
7. If there is a severe allergic reaction, such as shortness of breath, swollen face, puffy lips, increased pulse or decreased consciousness, immediately go to the emergency room of the nearest hospital.
8. If you have experienced a severe reaction as above, you should implement the tips written above must be under the supervision of a doctor.
Thus hopefully useful.