Cause Red And Watery Eyes?
.. I want to ask that the eyes are not red like lamad, so they are runny and the eyes are normal, how about that?
Hello Fauziah, thank you for using the HealthReplies.com service.
Red and watery eyes usually occur when the eye is exposed to foreign objects from the outside. However, these symptoms and signs can also occur in some eye diseases such as:
- Dry eye or dry eye is a state of dry eye surface due to reduced production of tear components. This disease is usually caused by age (more often in women over 40 years), contact lens use, and computer use for a long time. Symptoms and signs of this dry eye disease can be itchy and sandy eyes, burning sensation in the eyes, redness, burning and glare.
- Conjunctivitis is inflammation of the conjunctival eye lining that can be caused by infection, allergies, and irritation. Patients complain about this disease usually in the form of red eyes, lumps, itching, watery, sometimes accompanied by a lot of eye discharge.
- Blepharitis is inflammation of the edges of the eyelids with symptoms and signs such as the edges of the eyelids itching, burning sensation, redness on the edges of the eyelids, sometimes accompanied by eyelash loss, and a lot of eye dirt.
- Subconjunctival hemorrhage is bleeding that occurs in blood vessels below the eye lining of the conjunctiva, which is a small part caused by an impact on the eye and most can appear spontaneously with unknown causes
If this happens for a long time and continuously so that it interferes with your activities, I recommend you to consult a general practitioner or ophthalmologist to be able to do a thorough examination, such as vital signs, eye physical examinations such as visual acuity inspection, field of view , and other investigations can be carried out if necessary so that appropriate treatment can be given according to your diagnosis.
The things you are doing right now are:
- Do not rub your eyes too often because it can irritate the eye lining
- More resting eyes from computer contacts or mobile screen
- Eat nutritious foods and regular breaks
If you find the following symptoms and signs, immediately bring yourself to seek treatment to the nearest health facility:
- Red eye that does not improve for more than 7 days
- Severe head pain
- Decreased visual acuity or narrow field of view
Such information that I can provide, hopefully can help you.