Cause The Child Wakes Up In The Middle Of The Night And Has Difficulty Falling Asleep Again?
hello my child at midnight when you sleep ntr midnight wakes up at 1 ntr at 6 pg, ud 4 days
Good evening, thanks for the question
Children of different ages need different amounts of sleep to support optimal health. The following are the number of hours of sleep needed in various age groups of children:
1. Infants aged 4-12 months: 12-16 hours including naps
2. Children aged 1-2 years: 11-14 hours including naps
3. Children aged 3-5 years: 10-13 hours including naps
4. Children aged 6-12 years: 9-12 hours including naps
Before bedtime routine or called good sleep hygiene is needed to help regulate the child's sleep time regularly. Things to do include:
1. Limit caffeine consumption. Caffeine is contained in beverages such as coffee, tea, soft drinks, energy drinks. If the child likes to consume it, then start to limit the amount and avoid consuming it after lunch.
2. Children can have difficulty sleeping if during the day the child is not much activity. Encourage children to play and do lots of outdoor activities so the child will feel tired after a day.
3. Adjust the child's sleeping environment with cool temperatures and not noisy. Children's beds should also not have items that can distract the child while sleeping, for example toys.
4. Apply the routine before going to bed and set the time when the child has to sleep so that the child will learn to adjust. The routine can begin with 30 minutes to 2 hours before going to bed for example to take a warm bath or read a children's story book. Performing these routines routinely will help children get used to the pattern.
5. If the child is old enough and woke up in the middle of the night, do not follow if he invites you to get up. Let stand he wakes up alone so that the child will go back to sleep.
That's all, hope you can help