Causes And Overcoming Difficult Eating In Infants 9 Months?
Hello, I want to ask. My son is 11 months old now, from 9 months old, eating is difficult, given formula milk is also difficult, he wants to continue to breastmilk, given porridge or not, the team doesn’t want to, rice and vegetables are the best for 2 mouthfuls, give me bored old potatoes, bread is the same. Bb kmarin at the age of 10 months is only 8 kg, If you eat your joy in the mouth, is it because you haven’t teething yet? But he is not sick, healthy, even active, so he doesn’t want to be shut up. What do you think of the solution? If in addition to rice, potatoes, which is about to make full but what is healthy and nutritious ?? Thank you
Good evening, thanks for the question
Problems with eating difficulties in children are often found and cause anxiety for parents. The causes are very varied such as the presence of the underlying disease, or environmental factors especially the family.
Some things parents should pay attention to when a child has difficulty eating, include:
1. Offer new types of food to children, where foods must be nutritionally balanced not only carbohydrates, but must also meet the needs of animal protein (eggs, chicken, meat) and fat (oil, butter). You can also add a little salt sugar to taste.
2. Give a new type of food accompanied by foods the child likes.
3. Offer healthy finger food so children can learn to eat on their own.
4. Don't force the child when he is having difficulty eating. The optimal eating time is 30 minutes, more than that if the food has not been exhausted then there is no need to proceed. Then the child can be given a snack between meals. Also avoid distractions during mealtime, such as watching television.
5. If the child can already be invited to communicate, ask what their problem is and why they don't want to eat.
Beware if for 2 months in a row the child's weight does not increase, it is necessary to immediately investigate the cause, whether there is infection, congenital heart problems, immune disorders, and so forth. It is very important to ensure the growth of a good child during the first 1000 days of life because it will affect many things going forward.
That's all, hope you can help