Causes And Treats Milky White Vaginal Discharge With Red Spots On The Lips Of The Vagina?
Hello, I want to ask a question. I had milky white discharge yesterday and red spots appeared on the lips of the vagina. I was given medicine to eat for 3 days. Then, for the vaginal lips with rashes, I applied ketomed cream. I am currently menstruating. Should I apply the ketomed cream or not? dismissed first?
Hello, thanks for your inquiry to HealthReplies.com.
According to the story you convey, you are most likely suffering from vaginal discharge / fluor albus. Vaginal discharge is excessive discharge from the vaginal opening.
There are several reasons that underlie vaginal discharge, including:
1. Fungal infections, mostly caused by Candida sp. in the vagina due to an imbalance in the number of bacteria and fungi. Risk factors for Candida sp. infection. is high humidity such as wearing too tight underwear, rarely changing underwear; use of antiseptic vaginal washing products; hormonal changes during menstruation and pregnancy, in some cases decreased immunity such as in diabetes patients, HIV / AIDS patients, chemotherapy patients. The resulting vaginal discharge is milky white with lumps. Complaints felt by patients generally are itching, even to the pubic lips.
2. Bacterial vaginosis, namely vaginal infection by bacteria. In this case, bacterial growth exceeds fungal growth. Risk factors include rarely changing underwear, wearing underwear that is too tight, and changes in hormonal cycles such as during menstruation or pregnancy. The discharge produced is grayish white, sometimes accompanied by a fishy odor. Complaints found are generally itchy and sore.
3. Trichomoniasis is infection with the parasite Trichomonas sp. This disease is a sexually transmitted disease, transmitted through sexual intercourse. The discharge is usually greenish-yellow, foamy with an unpleasant odor.
4. Pregnancy, generally the resulting vaginal discharge is clear like mucus, not cloudy and odorless. Vaginal discharge like this is normal in pregnant women.
5. Malignancy, namely the growth of uncontrolled cells, can be in the cervix / cervix, endometrium / lining of the uterus, or the pubic / vaginal canal. Usually the resulting vaginal discharge is accompanied by blood, has a foul smell, and is followed by other symptoms such as drastic weight loss.
The brand of drug you mention contains ketoconazole, which is a drug for fungal infections. We recommend that you continue to use the drug as recommended by the prescribing doctor until the complaints subside. If it hasn't subsided, you should check yourself again to find the exact cause.
You also need to be aware of allergic reactions when using these drugs, namely swelling, redness, itching that gets worse quickly after the drug is applied. If an allergic reaction occurs, the use of the drug should be stopped immediately, then you should go to the nearest health service.
We recommend that you avoid clothes that are too tight and change your underwear more often.
If you want to understand more, you can read the following article about vaginal discharge.
That's our explanation, hope it helps you, thank you.