Causes And Ways Of Overcoming The Right Jaw Hurts To The Back Of The Ear?
Hello, I am 21 years old, my right lower jaw aches to the back of the ear, why is that why?
Good afternoon, thanks for the question
Complaints of pain in the jaw of the side can indicate several underlying causes, such as a history of injury to the area, nerve disorders, joint disorders in the jaw, or blood vessel disorders. The following is the explanation:
1. Dental infections until the formation of abscesses in the gums can cause pain to spread to the jaw.
2. Cluster type headache where pain is usually felt in the eye area to spread to the jaw area.
3. Sinus infection causes the production of excessive mucus or mucus in the sinus cavity in the face area to cause pain in the jaw area.
4. Trigeminal neuralgia or disorders of trigeminal nerves around the front ear to the face and jaw area. In this condition the nerve can be pinched so that pain can be felt in the upper and lower jaw.
5. Mumps or mumps, which is a mumps virus infection that attacks the salivary glands under the jaw causing complaints of swelling in the neck to the face accompanied by complaints of swallowing pain and fever.
6. Temporomandibular joints (TMJ) disorders. Symptoms include difficulty opening the mouth accompanied by clicking when opening the mouth or chewing, pain in the jaw, pain around the ear, difficulty chewing or pain when chewing.
To be able to confirm the diagnosis of jaw pain that you experience it is necessary to evaluate the symptoms felt, physical examination includes examination of nerves, neck, jaw, oral cavity, and muscles around the face. Other additional tests may be needed according to clinical suspicions such as blood tests, X-rays, MRI, to psychiatric examination. Therefore do not hesitate to consult with a doctor directly if the complaint does not improve.
To reduce jaw pain complaints quickly can be done by doing the following things, among others:
1. Compress using an ice pack in a cheesecloth in the painful area for about 10 minutes.
2. Take temporary simple pain medications such as ibuprofen or paracetamol.
3. Massage on the front of the ear to the jaw in a gentle circular motion.
That's all, hope you can help. Wassalam.