Causes And Ways To Deal With Pain In The Back Of The Left Neck?
The back of the neck on my left side is tugging with pain and the pain is very painful, I have given salonpas gel and patches but the pain is getting worse. made to see right and left hurts, the left hand is lifted also hurts. how to cure it and get rid of the pain? thanks please reply
Thank you for your question for HealthReplies.com
Most neck pain is caused by activities that strain the neck muscles. Some activities that can trigger neck pain, such as working at a computer or laptop for too long, sleeping in the wrong position, moving the neck suddenly, looking down or looking up too often, carrying heavy and unbalanced loads. Apart from that, neck pain can also be caused by injury.
Several conditions that can cause neck pain include muscle stiffness, pinched nerves, joint damage, and injuries. To make a diagnosis of neck pain, the doctor will perform a history and physical examination of the patient's neck. In addition, if it is necessary, the doctor will recommend conducting laboratory tests or supporting examinations.
Some things you can do to reduce your complaints:
1. Compress the neck with warm water.
2. Do not use pillows when sleeping, or use pillows that are hard and not high.
3. Avoid activities that require a lot of neck movement.
4. Keep the neck position.
5. Do special exercises for the neck.
6. You can take pain relievers, such as paracetamol.
Immediately consult a doctor, if there are some of the following complaints:
1. Pain does not improve with pain medication.
2. Neck pain accompanied by high fever.
3. There was a decrease in consciousness.
4. There was an injury to the neck.
Thus, hopefully this is useful.
dr. Vallensia Nurdiana Febriyanti.