Causes Behind The Scalp Dry And Scaly?
Thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com.
The presence of itchy scalp complaints and a history of previous rash complaints on the skin of the elbows may be triggered by inflammation of the skin called seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin that is thought to be caused by the fungus Malassezia. Some complaints that are felt in patients with seborrheic dermatitis can be in the form of dry scaly, scaly, dandruff, reddish skin, itching can accompany, sometimes the rash is oval or round and may disappear. In addition to the scalp, this complaint can also occur around the eyebrows, hair, eyes, or around the mustache or beard.
Some of the conditions below can trigger this complaint, such as:
1. often changing brands of shampoo
2. often use hair dye
3. often change hair care brands
4. increased oil production in the head
5. weather changes
6. immune system disorders or chronic diseases
Some other medical conditions can also give the same picture as you complain, such as:
1. psoriasis, but this needs to be confirmed directly by a doctor, a definitive diagnosis can be made with tissue biopsy
2. Other fungal infections
Therefore, the possibility of a psoriasis also needs to be considered, however, the diagnosis must be made by direct examination by a dermatologist. Determine the diagnosis only based on complaints and carried out without direct assistance from a doctor, can cause handling and treatment that is not appropriate.
So, to ensure all the possibilities above, you should do an examination and consultation with your dermatologist. The doctor will do a physical examination and look directly at the area of complaints that you feel. The results of the examination will be a reference for doctors to provide care and treatment.
For now, to help keep your scalp dry, some things you can work on until you can see your dermatologist, such as:
1. Avoid frequent use of hair care products
2. Avoid using headgear for a long time
3. Avoid using hair dyes
4. keep the moisture of your scalp, you can use moisturize for hair and scalp that is suitable
Thus the info we can convey.