Causes Crusty Nostrils?
Good evening, I want to ask. Every morning my nostrils are crusty (not upil) every morning. What do you think about the cause? R nThis incident began to happen in about a month.
Hello, Alfredy Mario, thanks for asking HealthReplies.com.
A crusty nose can be caused by several possible causes:
1. Inflammation due to allergies.
2. Injury to the nose, can be caused by rubbing, scratching, or bumping.
3. Rhinitis (runny nose) or sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses).
4. An environment that has minimal humidity (dry), for example living in a country that is winter, or using air conditioning.
5. The use of inhaled drugs (which are inhaled) through the nose can cause irritation.
To ascertain the cause, check with your doctor, especially if there is bleeding that is difficult to stop, ear pain, ringing in the ears, nasal congestion, unexplained weight loss, fever, and if it doesn't go away. Treatment according to the cause.
Some of the things below can be done to relieve symptoms:
1. Apply a moisturizer (eg petroleum jelly) on the crusted area.
2. Do not peel off the crusts, because it can cause blisters and bleeding.
3. If you have a history of allergies, avoid allergens (things that make allergies).
4. Avoid temperatures that are too cold and rooms that are too dry.
That's all, hopefully it's useful.
Greetings, dr. Sarah Rizqia.