Causes Of Fatigue, Weakness And Pallor In The Area Under The Eyes And Lips?
I want to ask, during the past three months my body got tired and weak. My face is also pale, especially under the eyes and lips. Besides that, I also like to feel sleepy when I am on the move even though I sleep enough.
Thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com
Complaints of fatigue, weakness and pallor in the area under the eyes and lips lead to anemia. Anemia is a condition in which the body lacks red blood cells that contain hemoglobin, a substance that binds to oxygen.
In general, anemia is caused by:
1. Lack of red blood cell production, for example in cases of deficiency of nutrients such as iron, folic acid and vitamin B12, as well as in cases of intestinal worms.
2. Bleeding that causes the body to lose blood, for example in cases of trauma, long fractures, chronic gastrointestinal bleeding.
3. Destruction of red blood cells that is faster than it should be, for example in cases of malaria, malignancy / blood cancer, autoimmune diseases that attack red blood cells.
Immediately consult with a doctor to determine the cause of your complaint. In addition to the history and physical examination, the doctor will also direct you to carry out supporting examinations such as complete blood counts and other examinations needed to diagnose anemia and its causes. The therapy given will be in accordance with the cause of the anemia you are experiencing.
There are several types of foods that can help prevent anemia caused by nutrient deficiencies, including:
1. Beef, beans, iron fortified cereals, dark green leafy vegetables, and dried fruit can increase iron intake.
2. Fruits, green beans, kidney beans, peanuts, wheat, pasta, rice, cereals and dark green leafy vegetables can increase your intake of folic acid.
3. Meat, milk, cheese, soy foods can increase your intake of vitamin B12.
You can read a detailed explanation regarding anemia here.
Thus, hopefully this is useful.