Causes Of Knee Pain After Cycling?
good morning, my krisnanto has a hobby of cycling.
Good evening, thanks for the question
Sprained foot condition or in medical language referred to as sprain and strain is an injury to the ligaments, muscles, or tendons due to excessive stretching. The locations that most often experience sprains and strains are ankles, hamstring muscles, knees and lower back.
In knee injuries there are 4 main ligaments that are often damaged due to exercise, namely the Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), Medial collateral ligament (MCL), and lateral collateral ligament (LCL). The symptoms can be in the form of pain, difficulty moving associated joints, swelling, swelling, or muscle stiffness.
General management when experiencing these conditions, namely:
1. Rest the muscles for the first 2-3 days, then begin to move the muscles gradually
2. Ice packs on the affected muscles 4 hours in one day for 3 days
3. If there is swelling, do muscle compression using an elastic bandage.
4. If possible, elevate the foot higher than the chest position.
5. If the pain has not subsided, take simple painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen.
Some things that need to be considered to prevent the recurrence of similar conditions, namely:
- Warming up and stretching muscles before doing physical activity
- Do sports to strengthen leg muscles around the knee, especially quadriceps muscles
- Do not increase the intensity of exercise suddenly but increase gradually
- Use comfortable sports shoes and support your sports activities
If in its development there are symptoms of bruising and swelling that is getting worse, pain that does not go away, or tingling, then immediately consult a doctor to get further tests.
Thus, hopefully can help