Causes Of Late Menstruation Up To 5 Months?
This morning, I got married just 4 months ago. I want to ask that I am 7 days late for my period. Menstruation date should be 12/13 every month but until now I haven’t had my period and what I feel is that sometimes my waist and lower abdomen hurt but it doesn’t last long. This morning I took the test, the result was negative. Please advise what should I do again? Is it a sign of pregnancy or what? thanks.
Hi Nia. In general, delayed menstruation can be caused by:
. Unhealthy lifestyles such as limiting excessive food intake, physical fatigue and lack of rest
2. Psychological stress
3. Presence of certain clinical conditions such as pelvic inflammation, polycystic ovary syndrome, endometriosis
4. Pregnancy, especially if you've had sex.
5. Contraceptive use
To confirm your own pregnancy, the thing you need to do is with a pregnancy check, where the choices can be:
1. test pack which is an examination of pregnancy hormones in the blood and measurements will be more accurate if done after at least 2 weeks after intercourse and with the first urine waking up
2. blood test which measures pregnancy hormones in the blood and will be positive within 1 week after intercourse
3. Ultrasound which usually will be clearer after about 5-7 weeks of pregnancy
Consult with your doctor about your condition for treatment and further information. What you can do is
1. Manage stress
2. Keep the consumption of balanced nutritional foods and increase the consumption of water
3. Avoid smoking and alcohol
4. Get enough rest
5. Exercise regularly
Here's about irregular menstruation. Hopefully helpful, and thank you. Greetings from Alyssa