Causes Of Shortness Of Breath Before And After Waking Up?
I’ve been experiencing shortness of breath for two days, and from the moment I woke up until I fell asleep I had shortness of breath, and strangely, every time I took a long deep breath, I definitely just coughed, and why is it that every time I stretch my sternum beats, is there a connection? his? That is all and thank you
Hello, thanks for the question to the HealthReplies.com team.
There are several things that cause shortness of breath, including:
- Upper respiratory tract infections such as having a cold or flu
- Low blood pressure or hypotension
- Injuries to the ribs
- Infections in the lungs such as tuberculosis, COPD, or pneumonia
To find out the exact cause of your complaint, consult a doctor directly to get a thorough examination and further treatment. The doctor will perform a physical examination, blood laboratory, X-ray and CT scan if necessary. Some things you can do to relieve symptoms include:
- Do pursed lip breathing by taking a breath in through your nose for a count of two and exhaling through your mouth for a count of four
- sit in a slightly bent forward position
- standing with leaning against the wall
- lay down relax
- avoid smoking
- regular exercise