Causes Of Swelling Around The Lower Left Jaw?
Afternoon .. I want to ask, I have a lump or swelling around the lower left jaw, the beginning occurs because my teeth hurt in that area and then in the afternoon there was swelling in the lower left jaw area. Now the pain in my teeth is gone but there is still swelling in the area
Hello, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com.
Swelling around the lower left jaw can be caused by several possible causes, including:
1. Enlarged lymph nodes due to infection: infection of the teeth or airways can cause enlargement of lymph nodes in the area around the neck
2. Enlarged lymph nodes due to tumors: tumors originating from lymph nodes or from other tumors can grow in the area around the neck
3. Enlargement of other organs around the neck such as thyroid and so on: enlargement of the thyroid which is in the neck near the Adam's apple, will cause a lump around the neck
to find out more about complaints that you experience, you should immediately consult a specialist in internal medicine.
prevention can be done:
1. Treat underlying diseases such as dental infections, upper respiratory tract infections and so on
2. Reducing consumption of foods high in sugar, salt and fat
3. Maintain clean teeth and mouth with a toothbrush 2x a day
so, hopefully useful :)