Causes Of Watery Baby’s Eyes When Outside The Room?
Good night. I have a baby aged 7 months … 1 week if invited to go out for a long time his eyes run water … why is that?
Hello, Delila Nurindha, thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
Babies experiencing watery eyes can be caused due to several causes:
1. Channels where the tears run down in infants are still very small, this can improve from about 1 year old babies
2. Allergy to something (allergic conjunctivitis)
3. Conjunctivitis / inflammation of other types of eye membranes, for example due to bacterial infections, viral infections, etc.
4. Dry eye / dry eye, can be caused by weather that is too cold, wind, not blinking
5. Blockage in the tear duct
6. There are bumps around the eyes
7. Baby lashes piercing into the eyes
To determine the cause, it requires a direct examination by a doctor. The doctor will see if there is interference with your baby's eyes. If necessary, the doctor will conduct several supporting examinations. The treatment will depend on the cause.
We recommend that you consult a doctor first if the tears keep coming out, there is redness and swelling in the eyes / eyelids, there are lumps, eyelashes prickling into the eyes, or there are signs of allergies.
Protect and keep eyes clean, do not touch the eyes of the baby, especially with hands that are not washed, avoid the baby from things that are suspected can trigger watery eyes, such as dust, wind, etc.
That's all, hopefully it's useful.