Chances Of Giving Birth To Twins In The Normal Way?
I want to ask can twins be born normally ???
Hi mom, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com.
Multiple pregnancies, also called Gemelli in medical language. Can consist of 2, 3 or even 4 fetuses and so on. Many things must be considered in this Gemelli pregnancy, namely:
1. Nutrition must be sufficient for the mother and all fetuses, so that it requires the mother to eat more portions than an ordinary pregnancy.
2. The mother's condition will be heavier with nausea and vomiting which is also more severe than in regular pregnancy.
3. Gemelli pregnancy risk of premature birth and birth defects. For this reason, the mother must routinely have her womb checked by a gynecologist according to a predetermined schedule.
4. The mother must think of the best way of delivery for herself and her fetuses.
Normal or vaginal delivery cannot be performed under the following conditions:
1. If the fetus is more than 2 or
2. If the bottom of the two fetuses is the buttocks or
3. Siamese twins or identical twins or
4. There is in one amniotic membrane or
5. There are other complications such as umbilical cord prolapse so that it covers the birth canal, mothers with HIV infection or genital herpes and others.
If there are the conditions above, then the only way is to perform a sectio delivery through surgery. It is best to discuss this with your obstetrician, who knows better about the condition of the mother and the fetus.
You can read more here.
Thus, hopefully this is useful, we wish you a smooth and safe delivery of mothers, healthy mothers and babies. Aamiin.