Child With Fever
My child has a fever doc..checked armpit temperature 37.3 degrees … Amid pamphemia like this, do I wait for 3 days of fever or what kind of doc? No cough or cold .. We have no symptoms of cough, fever, etc. Please refer thanks doc..thanks earlier
Hello Rifansyah ...
Thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com, I try to help answer yes ...
Fever in children can actually subside by itself within a few days. Someone is said to have a fever if the body temperature is more than 38 degrees Celsius. Fever is a sign that the body is trying to fight infections naturally, the infection can be caused by viruses, bacteria, fungi, or because of immunization, autoimmune diseases. Some things you can do to reduce mild fever in children while at home:
- Compress: give compresses using plain water or a little warm, you can compress on the forehead area, chest, stomach, or your child's armpits. Change the child's compress every 1 to 2 hours after giving the compress.
- Inadequate food and drink needs: if the child still needs milk, give ASI as often as possible to avoid dehydration, but if the naughty has eaten solid food then give little but frequent mpasi food.
- Avoid thick clothes: when the child is feverish, wear clothes that can absorb sweat and cover his body with a thin blanket.
- Maintain room temperature: try to keep the room temperature cool but make sure that the shu is not too cold. Avoid directing the fan or AC directly towards your child
- Bathing with warm water: avoid bathing the child in cold water, this can cause the child to shiver.
- Give a fever reliever: you can give paracetamol to children, but make sure the dose given is in accordance with the instructions given, the effect of the drug in each child is different, wait for up to 3 days of administering fever medication while you monitor your child's body temperature. If you are still giving medicine the first day, you are expected to be patient to see changes in your child's temperature and try to do the things I described above. It is important to keep the child at home when the corona virus is spreading rapidly. Use a mask every time you go out of the house and in a situation of corona virus spread more rapidly, if not accompanied by needs and urgency you should stay at home, or take care of yourself so as not to be exposed to the virus, if there are complaints such as sore throat which is felt to get worse more than 2 weeks, accompanied by a fever of more than 38 degrees Celsius, coughing, colds that do not heal until there is a feeling of tightness or difficulty breathing, even though you have tried to take medication, then you should check yourself to the doctor, for further examination.
Thus my answer, hopefully it helps