Children Aged 2.5 Years Have Infections In The Ear And Smell?
night … I want to ask … is it dangerous if there is an infection in the ear and there is a sense of smell in the small hole in the back ear? my question
Good morning. Thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
Pain in the ear accompanied by odor can be caused by several things that may be
1. Inflammation of the middle ear is usually severe pain, buzzing, fluid discharge called acute or chronic otitis media
2. Fluid buildup due to airway infection is usually called otitis media effusion
3. Inflammation of the external ear is usually severe tenderness in the ear region
If your child experiences this, you should immediately consult a doctor, especially ENT specialists, this aims to find out the exact cause so that treatment can be done accordingly.
Some things that should be done are
1. Avoid scraping your child's ears especially with unclean tools
2. Avoid coughs and colds
3. Avoid direct exposure to pollution
Thus the information that we can convey may be useful thanks