Children Often Drink At Night?
my son is 11 years old, from childhood he always sleeps with a fan, the point is he feels hot more often, and lately he often wakes up at night to drink, in fact he drinks more than twice every night when he sleeps, is this one of the signs? child diabetes?
First of all, I want to thank you for asking questions on HealthReplies.com. I will try to help answer your question,
Sorry, I have answered your question before. Here's the answer,
In general, normal urination or pee is experienced 4 to 8 times a day. However, if a child experiences urination that is more than normal, it can be caused by various causes such as,
· Infections of the urinary tract which are usually characterized by pain when urinating, frequent bedwetting or urine that looks cloudy
· Psychological factors or stress that causes anxiety
· Bladder that is very active so that even though the bladder is not full the child is already urinating
· Consumption of too much water
· The effect of consuming certain drugs
Based on the complaints that you have described experienced by your child, it is very difficult to determine whether your child has diabetes without a direct examination by a doctor. We recommend that you consult with a pediatrician so that a more detailed treatment can be carried out. The doctor will usually carry out an examination including a medical interview, a physical examination and additional examinations such as a urine test or culture, kidney or bladder ultrasound before giving appropriate treatment.
Here are tips for your child,
· Make sure your child is drinking enough water but not too much
· Avoid the habit of children to hold back urination
· Get enough rest
· Eat highly nutritious food
Here's an article that you can read,
So much information that we can convey, hopefully this information can be useful to overcome your complaint.
dr. Radhianie Djan, BmedSc