Circumcision Wound Becomes Swollen In Obese Children?
MAlam, Yesterday, 24/6/2019 my son was 11 years old in circumcision,
Hello, thanks for the question.
Buried penis or what is known as a "drowned" or "hidden" penis. This can be due to several causes:
1. Excessive body fat, usually occurs in overweight or obese people
2. Excessive amount of fluids in the body that are difficult to remove, usually in patients with kidney or heart disease
3. The existence of interference from the work of the muscles and surrounding areas in the penis area. This can happen to people who have an accident, or injuries due to collisions or other events that cause muscle and around the penis to be disrupted
4. Complications from circumcision (circumcision), usually occurs in children who are overweight, and undergoing circumcision, some will experience swelling and seem like sinking his penis.
This buried penis can be treated with surgery and medication, but to be more certain that the best treatment for your child, you should consult directly with a pediatrician or a specialist surgical consultant for pediatric surgery.
The effect of this buried penis to health is that it can cause urinary tract infections, infections around the penis and inflammation. To prevent this incident, it should be checked and treated immediately to a pediatrician or pediatric surgeon.
Things you can do to prevent complications:
-lose weight with a healthy diet (when it has recovered, multiply exercise, eat vegetables and fruit)
consume lots of foods high in protein so that wound healing can take place more quickly
- Maintain the cleanliness of the area that has been performed circumcision
To clean the circumcision area, you should not use wet tissue, preferably using 0.9% NaCl liquid (intravenous fluids) and sterile gauze, cleaned and compressed 3x a day after bathing. These compresses can help speed up the wound to become dry. The estimated dryness varies from person to person, from 1 week to 6 months the wound healing process takes place.
Further information can read the following sources:
Thus, hopefully useful :)