Consumption Of Food For People With Diabetic Neuropathy?
I am 62 years old. I believe you have diabetic neuropathy. I am not asking for a doctor. Just asking for prevention. Food and nutritional intake that need to be multiplied to eat what? What dietary restrictions? Just thank you
Hello Agung, thank you in advance for asking with the HealthReplies.com team.
The following are food and beverage suggestions for diabetics (high sugar levels):
- Fruit: reduce consumption of fruit-flavored beverage packaging, fruit juice drinks that have been mixed with sugar, and canned fruit that has been added to sugar syrup. We recommend the consumption of fresh fruit, real fruit juice that does not add any sweetener, or jam that does not contain sugar.
- Vegetables: reduce the consumption of vegetables plus sauce, cheese and butter. Choose fresh vegetables. Can be eaten raw or processed by steaming briefly or roasting.
- Carbohydrates: reduce consumption of white rice, white bread, french fries, cereals that contain high sugar. It's best to choose brown rice, whole grain bread, or baked sweet potatoes.
- Protein: reduce consumption of fried meat, skin of poultry, fried fish, and fried tofu. We recommend choosing skinless chicken breast meat, boiled meat, steamed or boiled tofu, grilled fish, eggs, and beans.
- Milk: reduce the consumption of milkfull cream, ice cream, yogurt, and cheese. We recommend the consumption of other milk products, such as skim milk, low-fat yogurt, and low-fat cheese.
Articles that you can read more about: Diabetic foods
Thank you, I hope this helps you.