Danger Of Accidentally Swallowing A Stapler?
I just don’t know how to accidentally streples. But I can still eat, I can still drink, but there is something that is stuck in my throat until now, only the porcelain. For my chapter, it doesn’t matter and drink it, you can. It’s not dangerous
Hello, Ipit. Thank you for the question submitted to HealthReplies.com.
We understand the concern you feel. Staples are often used in food packages so there is a risk of being accidentally swallowed while eating. In general, because the size is very small to cause blockage in the digestive tract, staples will naturally be removed with feces within a few days after swallowing. To help the process of stapling with feces, the following recommendations can be made:
Consumption of soft foods Expand to eat fibrous foods, such as fruits and vegetables Drink plenty of water Observe whether staples have been successfully released with feces, especially in the first 7 days after ingestion. Since complaints of lumps in the throat have not improved, you are strongly advised to immediately consult with doctor or ENT specialist. The doctor will do anamnesis, physical examination, and maybe a supporting examination in the form of chest x-rays and plan the necessary actions according to the indications found on the examination.
To prevent this from recurring, it is recommended to ensure that staples are not mixed into the food when starting to eat with packaging that uses staples. In addition, it is advisable to chew food well in order to feel if there are staples mixed into the food so that the staples can be removed.
Such is our explanation. Hopefully always healthy. May be useful.